Can i solve that with CommVault?

Last post 06-25-2020, 5:17 PM by Liam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Can i solve that with CommVault?
    Posted: 06-25-2020, 5:06 PM
    Hi Guys!

I work for the largest mobile network and network provider in our Country and we have
     opened our data centers and now sell IT services for major customers. 
    We are also the largest CommVault customer in the country and secure around 15,000 servers per
     night, on one CommCell.
    We want to create a new product - we have to keep up with the cloud trend (Azure). 
    We run less and less hosting so we have to use our data center and sell products / services online.
    In this case a Backup Solution.
    What is the topic:
    I was asked the question if i can design an online service backup solution with CommVault. 
    Use case: A private person wants to secure his PC, a company wants to secure his server. 
    A product for everyone. Highly scalable. With monthly payment. Without own backup hardware. 
    The customer can configure his product online, i.e. he chooses a performance class, the retention,
     whether he wants snapshots, can choose which days he wants to have full and/or how many, 
    whether it should be stored in two locations, etc.
    Then he should be forwarded to his own login page, where he can install the CommVault Client on
     his device without clicking.

After that, he never has to worry about the software again. New versions are automatically installed 
    remotely or adjustments are made.

Can I solve this with CommVault products?

j4i, in this case I cannot involve our CommVault Key Acounter.

Thank you!

BR

Bevorstehende Änderungen am Verlauf
    Der Übersetzungsverlauf steht bald nur noch zur Verfügung, wenn du angemeldet bist. Er wird dann zentral über Meine Aktivitäten verwaltet. Der bisherige Verlauf wird durch dieses Upgrade gelöscht. Speichere also Übersetzungen, auf die du später noch zugreifen möchtest.
    Text
    Dokumente

SPRACHE ERKENNEN
    DEUTSCH
    ENGLISCH
    FRANZÖSISCH

DEUTSCH
    ENGLISCH
    FRANZÖSISCH

I work for a large mobile network and network provider and have opened our data center and now sell IT services for major customers. We are the largest CommVault customer in the country and secure around 15,000 servers per night on one CommCell.

We want to create a new product - we have to keep up with the cloud trend (Azure). We run less and less hosting so we have to use our data center and sell products / services online.

Hi Guys!

What is the topic:
    I was asked the question whether you can offer an online service online with CommVault. Use case: A private person wants to secure his PC, a company wants to secure his server. A product for everyone. Highly scalable. With simple billing. Without own backup hardware. The customer can configure his product online, i.e. he chooses a performance class, the retention period, whether he wants snapshots, can choose which days he wants to have full and how many, whether it should be stored in two locations, etc.
    Then he should be forwarded to his own login page, where he can install the CommVault Client on his device without clicking.

After that, he never has to worry about the software again. New versions are automatically installed remotely or adjustments are made.

Can I solve this with CommVault products?

In this case I cannot involve our CommVault Key Acounter.

• Re: Can i solve that with CommVault?
    Posted: 06-25-2020, 5:17 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 06-30-2020, 12:58 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,846

Something like this possibly? 

https://metallic.io/

This is probably a better question for your account rep. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy