delete admin console plan

Last post 06-30-2020, 10:46 AM by Markisha1979. 13 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • delete admin console plan
    Posted: 06-23-2020, 6:15 AM

Hello there.

I really wanto to delete the admin console plan because it confuses my customer.

The plan was setted by default the default plan, so I have a lot of subclient associated with it.

I removed the default plan config, but how can I deassociate the subclient already associated with the plan?

If I don't reassociate them I cannot delete the plan (and the related storage policy)...

• Re: delete admin console plan
    Posted: 06-23-2020, 8:52 AM

Hi ,

Do you intend to re-associate these entities to a new plan and delete the older plan ?

Thanks,

Srikanth 

Posted: 06-23-2020, 9:10 AM

Hi!

No, i don't want to create new plans. I don't want plans at all!

I want to eliminate this default created admin console plan.

Posted: 06-24-2020, 12:07 AM

Hi ,

Could you please raise a ticket ? 

Thanks,

Srikanth 

Posted: 06-29-2020, 4:41 AM

Hello.

Why do I need to raise a ticket? there's no way to remove client/plan association?

Posted: 06-29-2020, 5:10 AM

Hi ,

On SP 20 , you can remove the association to plan from the associated entities page. This needs to be done for all the entities that are associated to the plan to proceed with plan deletion. 

I had asked for a ticket so that we can discuss in detail and understand your use case better to provide the right solution. 

Thanks,

Srikanth 

Posted: 06-30-2020, 5:00 AM

use the Re-Associate Function in Java Console (CommServe > Policies > StoragePolicies > Plan > Properties > Associated Subclients

Posted: 06-30-2020, 5:51 AM

Hello stephan.

I already deassociated the subclient from the SP, but what I can't do is to deassociate the subclient from the plan....

Posted: 06-30-2020, 6:14 AM
    worst case you have to repeat that for SubclientPolicies and Schedule Policies too, Plans are a pesky thing that do use shadow data and CommandCenter and JavaConsole are still not properly synced even in SP18/20.
    Just checked my CCs, I can go to the Plan, switch to Associated Entities, select them all, edit associaton and switch it to Plan named "none". After that I was able to remove it in CC as well.
    Also check Manage -> CommCell -> Default Plans. some versions automatically set the first plan as default and prevent deletion due to that.
    Posted: 06-30-2020, 7:22 AM

Already deassociated subclient and schedule policies. Also default plans setted to none.

My problem is that if I go to associated entities I don't have "none" as a selection.

We're on SP16 because is LTS...

Posted: 06-30-2020, 8:42 AM

We can provide a script that can remove the plan associations in order to proceed with the deletion.But i'm not sure on how to share it on a public forum. 

Posted: 06-30-2020, 9:12 AM
    so known bug and not fixed even in the LongTermSupport-Release? or is the defect logged and already scheduled to be fixed in next HotfixPack?
    Posted: 06-30-2020, 10:39 AM

It could be great. tell me how do you want to share the script...

Posted: 06-30-2020, 10:46 AM

I can confirm that in sp16 you cannot deassociate the plans. don't know if this is a bug in sp16 or not....

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy