Web Console: Link to Preview confuses me

Last post 07-07-2020, 2:58 PM by Nick Laflamme. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Web Console: Link to Preview confuses me
    Posted: 07-07-2020, 2:58 PM

A report produced under the Web Console (formerly known as the private metric report server) has at least two datasets built into it. One summarizes job activities in a period, using the subclient ID as the identifier consistent between periods, job types and so forth. 

Another dataset maps the subclient ID back to the client name, the agent type, the instance name or backup set name, and the subclient name. 

The intent is for a user to be able to click on a subclient ID in a row ID in a pivot table of job data and have that link to data from the list of subclient data. 

This looks like a match for what Books Online calls, "Creating a Preview for Data in Reports," but the format editor for adding a preview isn't offering me a way to say, "use this value as a look-up against that field in that dataset," like I'd expect. 

Is what I'm trying to do what the "Preview" option under the "formatter" tool is meant for? Is my mental paradigm of this invalid? Is my explanation of what I want understandable? Smile

SP 17, if it matters. 

• Thanks,
    • Nick
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy