Failure to install Mediagent on Linux server

Last post 09-19-2020, 4:23 PM by TomK. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Failure to install Mediagent on Linux server
    Posted: 09-13-2020, 4:52 PM

Hi all, I am attempting to use the Commcell Console on a new installation to install the Mediaagent role on a linux server.

The job failes with delay reason "Failed to install File System Core Package on client."

If I look at the job logs the only things that really stand out are lots of these:

8484  3674  09/13 21:43:31 ############ GetDirectorySize() - Unable to open directory [C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\SW\CVMedia\11.0.0\SP20_2779330_R798\Unix\linux-x8664\BinaryInfo.xml] with error: [0x8007010B:{CQiDirectory::Open(106)/SearchPath=[C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\SW\CVMedia\11.0.0\SP20_2779330_R798\Unix\linux-x8664\BinaryInfo.xml\*]} + {FXFile::CVFindFirstFile(1734)/W32.267.(The directory name is invalid. (267))-FindFirstFileW failed, Path=[\\?\C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\SW\CVMedia\11.0.0\SP20_2779330_R798\Unix\linux-x8664\BinaryInfo.xml\*]}]

All these files seem fine when I look at them in explorer.

There's also the error

*** UNIX SEEDING SETUP_ERROR 1140850872 detected and returned. ***
    ]
    8484  3674  09/13 21:44:17 10           [InstallUnixSeed] ERROR: Unix Seed Install Failed

a bit further down.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!

• Re: Failure to install Mediagent on Linux server
    Posted: 09-14-2020, 9:14 AM

Hi Tom,

check Autoinstall.log and distributesoftware.log to see if they show anything more. 

Also, make sure the hostname is resovable in DNS and if not try isntalling using the IP.

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
    Posted: 09-14-2020, 7:50 PM

Hi Tomk

From the error that is reported, it looks like the packages that was stored in the Software Cache on the CommServe could be corrupted or certain packages are missing. 

I would recommend to try re-popoluating the Software Cache and retry the push install

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=57530.htm

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 09-18-2020, 11:51 PM

Where possible I generally just download the version as the CommServe in a tarball, extract and chmod -R +rx the files, the run the Text Based UI. In my opinion the text based UI is simpler to install and less troubleshooting is required, not to mention it is one less port that needs to be opened up.

Posted: 09-19-2020, 4:23 PM

Thank you, in the end this proved to be the best option - the textmode installer worked perfectly. I had naievely assumed that doing everything from the console was the 'best' option, but going forward I will be installing directly on the clients.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy