Access to Email Backup - WebConsole My Data (Mail)

Last post 09-24-2020, 8:39 AM by meb_. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Access to Email Backup - WebConsole My Data (Mail)
    Posted: 09-15-2020, 3:28 PM

We are backing up exchange using the Exchange mailbox agent v2 agent. Over time, employees come and go, and their user/mailbox are deleted from AD and Exchange, however email backups are retained for a extended period of time therefore can be restored just fine. Restores are fine and this is a route that we completely understand being a possibility, but wanted to explore something different.

Currently users have the ability to go to WebConsole-> My Data-> Mail and have a visilbility of the last backup (last archive job) that ran on their mailbox. 

In a case where a userA was terminated a while back, AD User does not existing nor Mailbox in exchange, how do I grant userA My Data - EMail access to somebody else in WebConsole?

Simple terms, I want to be able to assign someone access to a additional mailbox other than their own in Commvault. Delegation isnt possible since like I mentioned, in this scenario the user does not exist in AD/Exchange anymore.

Thanks

• Re: Access to Email Backup - WebConsole My Data (Mail)
    Posted: 09-24-2020, 7:51 AM

Hi Thiago,

Maybe I'm missing something here, but can you not do this via Command Center? I just tested out for a user I deleted from AD and was able to create the delegation successfully.

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=107643.htm

David

• Re: Access to Email Backup - WebConsole My Data (Mail)
    Posted: 09-24-2020, 8:39 AM

This is exactly what I was looking for. I very rarely use command center.

Thanks for that.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy