Deleting a library

Last post 09-29-2020, 10:32 AM by Dataprotectionshow. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Deleting a library
    Posted: 09-29-2020, 9:46 AM

Hello

I am running v11 sp20. We decommisoned a library over six months ago. When I go to delete the library a warning box pops up saying I need to delete the SP.  Is there away to hide the library like a SP. The SP the library was using is still active.

Thanks

Gene

• Deleting a library
    Posted: 09-29-2020, 9:46 AM

Hello

I am running v11 sp20. We decommisoned a library over six months ago. When I go to delete the library a warning box pops up saying I need to delete the SP.  Is there away to hide the library like a SP. The SP the library was using is still active.

Thanks

• Re: Deleting a library
    Posted: 09-29-2020, 9:53 AM

Gene,

Is that library part of a Deduplicated Storage Policy by any chance?  If so, there's a good chance that some of the deduplciated blocks still exist on that library (or at least, the SP/Dedupe database think they do).

Do you see any associations for that library on its properties?  Any Storage Polciies still pointing to it?

I can look into 'hiding' the library if that's the only route available, though we should look into ensuring that the library is truly 'free' in the commCell and that no Polciies think the library is still an option.

• Re: Deleting a library
    Posted: 09-29-2020, 10:32 AM

Hi, does that apply to you?

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=10011.htm#o10014

Section "Hiding Libraries"

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy