Feature Request: support Azure AD environments running Security Defaults

Last post 10-15-2020, 12:57 AM by Anthony.Hodges. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Feature Request: support Azure AD environments running Security Defaults
    Posted: 10-04-2020, 8:51 AM

Hello,

This has bothered me for a while now and whilst FR11.21 now fully supports Modern Authentication, only OneDrive does not require an App Password.  To generate an App Password, Microsoft Azure AD "Security Defaults" must be disabled and that requires a Azure AD Premium P1/P2 license for every user in Azure.  Customers with "Security Defaults" enable either have to pay extra to be able to have any Exchange Online/SharePoint Online backup capability. The discussions I have had with Commvault is that Exchange Online/SharePoint Online only have limited Microsoft Graph functionality that affects some admin calculations as well as some Backup/Restore functionality.

In a future feature release, can Commvault and especially Metallic have an option for limited protection of O365 environments using just Graph alone? I understand that it won't be perfect, but perfection is often the enemy of progress and I have observed that others in the market have adapted to Microsoft's paradigm shift.

• Re: Feature Request: support Azure AD environments running Security Defaults
    Posted: 10-05-2020, 9:32 AM

Hi Anthony,

checking on this and will get back. 

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
    Posted: 10-13-2020, 10:42 PM

Hi Gary, what did you find out?  Feel free to DM me

Posted: 10-14-2020, 7:24 AM

We are working on how to support "Security defaults". You can expect update within 1 month.

Posted: 10-15-2020, 12:57 AM

Thanks Manoj! Cool

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy