535 Authentication Failed while sending an email from workflow

Last post 10-16-2020, 10:23 AM by RHor. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 535 Authentication Failed while sending an email from workflow
    Posted: 10-14-2020, 9:17 AM

Hi,

I am sending an email using Email Activity from Activities/Utilities.

From what I read in documentation if I leave From field blank it uses e-mail from SMTP settings in Commcell.
    https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=49663.htm

SMTP server requires authentication to send e-mail and it works perfectly for Alerts and Reports. However everytime I run Email activity in workflow I  get "535 Authentication Failed" response. I've asked mail admin to take a look at SMTP server logs but there is nothing interesting, it just look like it tries to send e-mail either without password or with bad password. I've tried to leave From field as blank and to type the account from which email should be sent.

I don't see where I could specify password for SMTP server in Workflow. This is first time I'm doing this so maybe I am missing something. Am I missing something?

attached Workflow.log fragment

Thanks,
    Robert
    Attachment: workflow.txt
  • Re: 535 Authentication Failed while sending an email from workflow
    Posted: 10-15-2020, 12:53 AM
    hi Robert 
    have you activated the SSL checkbox in the 
    "control panel -> EMail, Web and FTP Server -> E-Mail Server"?
    Regards Küsu
    Posted: 10-15-2020, 3:58 AM

Hi Kusu,

Yes I did. Like I said Alerts and Reports from Commserve are going out with no problem. I just can;t get this working from Workflow.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Posted: 10-15-2020, 4:59 PM

Can you try setting the following registry setting on the workflow engine?

(DWORD) WFEngine\sendWorkflowEmailsViaCommserver = 1

Regards

Posted: 10-16-2020, 10:23 AM

My workflow engine is on the same machine as Commserve so I didn't expect it to do anything, but oddly it did the job.

Thanks cwsunderland!

Thanks,
    Robert
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy