Unable to use the given Global Deduplication host policy

Last post 11-04-2020, 2:37 PM by seabird. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Unable to use the given Global Deduplication host policy
    Posted: 10-27-2020, 7:39 AM

Hi,

Trying to setup a new aux copy with a new GDDB and maglib. Have tried a couple different ways to create the copy including not using a GDDB but just standard DDB. As soon as the new "Auxiliary Copy Schedule" prompt appears so does the following.

This is on 11.20.9, have not seen this before when creating new copies.

thanks

• Re: Unable to use the given Global Deduplication host policy
    Posted: 10-28-2020, 2:38 AM

Hi Seabird 

That errors looks to be coming from the CommServe DB, I would recommend to engage Commvault Support to check further and confirm whether this could be a bug or an issue processing that transaction to associate the copy

Regards

Winston 

• Re: Unable to use the given Global Deduplication host policy
    Posted: 11-04-2020, 2:37 PM

It was something silly in the permissions. Somewhere along the years of upgrades, my account lost some sort of ability to do such things even though I had the master role. I wound up using another account just fine. Embarassed

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy