Automatically resubmit job for completed with errors?

Last post 11-28-2020, 8:29 AM by anfearard. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Automatically resubmit job for completed with errors?
    Posted: 11-18-2020, 4:57 PM

Hello,

We have some miscellanous jobs that complete with errors (for whatever reason) but they tend to complete successfully when resubmitted.  Is there a way to Commvault automatically resubmit a job if it completes with error?  I'm looking at scheduling option "number of resubmits on job failure" but I'm not sure if this will work for jobs that have completed with errors.  I'm thinking it may only work for failed jobs.  Can someone please confirm this and let me know if there's away to accomplish this?

Thanks,

- Bill

• Re: Automatically resubmit job for completed with errors?
    Posted: 11-19-2020, 3:38 PM

For vsa I schedule a job in the morning after all our nightly vms get backed up.  I chose the advanced options to backup partial and failed vms.   Its my safety net for the random missed backups at night.   Not to sure on the file system side what we could do.

Use the Java GUI

Go to the subclient or backup set

Right click and backup

go to advanced

Select Backup failed VMs and include partial vm

click ok  , then schedule this to your liking.

• Re: Automatically resubmit job for completed with errors?
    Posted: 11-28-2020, 8:29 AM

Eomall:

For vsa I schedule a job in the morning after all our nightly vms get backed up.  I chose the advanced options to backup partial and failed vms.   Its my safety net for the random missed backups at night.   Not to sure on the file system side what we could do.

Use the Java GUI

Go to the subclient or backup set

Right click and backup

go to advanced

Select Backup failed VMs and include partial vm

click ok  , then schedule this to your liking.

Solid approach but just to add that the underlying reasons for the failures need to be examined too. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy