Job DDB Verification of one of the media agents takes a very long time.

Last post 01-14-2021, 6:32 AM by dummyguy. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Job DDB Verification of one of the media agents takes a very long time.
    Posted: 11-28-2020, 5:23 AM

Hello
    In my infrastructure, I have two Commvault servers:
    simpana - CommServe+MediaAgent
    simpana-ma01 - MediaAgent
    Commvault is used to backup various applications(VMware, SAP HANA, PostgreSQL, MaxDB and more)
    Yesterday I noticed that backup jobs on simpana-ma01 are running very slowly. The average throughput of one job did not exceed 18 GB/hr. While searching for the cause, I discovered that the simpana-ma01 server has very low performance. The server responds to commands for a very long time. At the same time, the load on the processor and RAM did not rise to critical values. There was a feeling that there are problems at the level of the disk subsystem.
    Next, I noticed in the Commvault job manager a running job DDB Verification for simpana-ma01. It was the middle of the day, and the task starts on schedule at 03:00AM. At that time, it took more than 12 hours to complete.I thought it might have something to do with it and canceled this job. After the task was canceled, the simpana-ma01 server immediately came to life.The throughput of the backup jobs immediately returned to normal values.
    Now I can say with absolute certainty that performance problems are directly related to the DDB Verification task, since the problem recurred today. The job started at 03:00AM is still running. The process is very slow. I am seeing performance issues on the simpana-ma01 server.
    What can I check to solve this problem? Any help would be welcome.
    A week ago we updated to version 11.20.22. Probably, problems appeared after installing these updates, I did not notice performance problems before.
    On the simpana server, DDB Verification is performed in 3-5 hours.
    GDP01=simpana
    GDP01 on DiskLibMA01=simpana-ma01

• Re: Job DDB Verification of one of the media agents takes a very long time.
    Posted: 01-11-2021, 6:58 AM

The problem was in the antivirus settings. After adding Commvault services to trusted services, the problem went away.

Posted: 01-12-2021, 4:40 PM

Can you elaborate on the antivirus settings you changed?  Which product?  Something that would help others look into their av?

Posted: 01-14-2021, 6:32 AM

We are using Kaspersky Security 10. Added all Commvault services to the list of trusted processes.

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=8569.htm

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2021 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy