O365 Exchange Online Errors/Failures

Last post 12-04-2020, 12:49 PM by MelissaAdams17. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • O365 Exchange Online Errors/Failures
    Posted: 11-30-2020, 10:59 AM

Hey All -

I set up the Exchange Online agent to back up my test environment.  The backups ran successfully for a few days and I'm now getting the following error:

[Failed to process mailbox. Error message [The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (401) unauthorized]]

I'm not very familiar with either Azure AD or the Exchange Admin console.  Could something have changed?  Account lock out?  I verified that MFA is NOT enabled on any account.

I used the admin console and the global admin account to configure the app.

Thanks for any guidance!

Melissa

• Re: O365 Exchange Online Errors/Failures
    Posted: 11-30-2020, 12:58 PM

Found the issue - I had to disable the default security policy.

Posted: 12-04-2020, 12:44 PM

Hello, 

Would mind expanding in more detail how you resolved this?

Thanks

Posted: 12-04-2020, 12:49 PM

It took me a few hours of digging into Azure AD to find the issue.  I followed this article to disable security defaults.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/concept-fundamentals-security-defaults

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2021 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy