Disaster Recovery options

Last post 02-28-2011, 9:37 AM by Vincenzo_Basolino. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Disaster Recovery options
    Posted: 02-28-2011, 9:12 AM

Silly question #2 today: Can someone point me to the recommended DR options for simpana 8.0? I need to get a plan in place for restoring CommVault in case my CommServe or media agents were to crash on me. If my CommServe were to die, what are some strategies you guys recommend in bringing it back?

Locally we have one media agent, one deduplication server, and our CommServe. Off-site we have our remote media agent. If either of them were to go down I do not know all particular files I'm most interested in for the restore operations. Assuming index cache files would be important, etc.

For example, if my CommServe were to go down and I had an image of that server with the media agent software installed and configured, etc. would I primarily want to just do the SQL restore on it? Suggestions please! Thanks.

• Re: Disaster Recovery options
    Posted: 02-28-2011, 9:37 AM

Jason,

I would start reading the link below to properly plan and scope the DR site.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/disaster_recovery/planning/hotsite.htm

Index cache and DDB are not necessary at the DR site as the index cache is self healing which will restore itself from media is needed.

In regards to your commserve recovery the log shipping method can be use to build a standby CS

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/disaster_recovery/cs/cs_sql_separate.htm

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy