exchange backup

Last post 03-01-2011, 11:28 AM by JWeir. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • exchange backup
    Posted: 03-01-2011, 7:50 AM

I'm running on commvault 8.0 and this am I'm getting the following error

The Exchange server returned the following error message: [0xc80003fe] - [A disk I/O error occurred. ]. Api: [HrESEBackupSetup()], Item: [First Storage Group]

any help

• Re: exchange backup
    Posted: 03-01-2011, 7:52 AM

can you take a look at the windows application event log around the time of this error in the logs ?  There should be some error from Exchange (typically either VSS or MSExchangeIS) with more details as to what caused the failure.

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 03-01-2011, 8:43 AM

thanks for the reply but nothing in the eventvwr on the exchange server

Posted: 03-01-2011, 8:49 AM

well that is interesting ...

Would you be able to post the entire exchange DB backup log for analysis ?

Typically when HrESEBackupSetup reports an error it is matched with a corresponding error in the application event log, since the error is coming from the Exchange APIs

Can you confirm if there is any Anti-Virus software on this machine, and if the Exchange directories are properly excluded from any Anti-Virus scanner

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 03-01-2011, 8:58 AM

sorry for that, can you tell me witch file one you like to see

Posted: 03-01-2011, 9:01 AM

ExTiDbBackup.log

Also, does this happen on all backups on all storage groups, only on certain storage groups, or intermittantly across all jobs.

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 03-01-2011, 9:08 AM

it's only on the exchange DB backup

Posted: 03-01-2011, 11:28 AM

Hello,

You may want to run an NTBackup to see if the issue still occurs outside of CommVault.  I have included a link below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998870%28EXCHG.80%29.aspx

JW

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy