aux copy won't start

Last post 03-03-2011, 4:11 PM by JWeir. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • aux copy won't start
    Posted: 03-03-2011, 1:16 PM

after doing the upgrade to version 9 now my aux copy won't start I ge the following error

library (DELL PV-132T 37), Media agent(named), drive pool (drivepool(servername) media(0): there are no more spare tapes

But if I look at the tape in my library I have 10 tapes available.

thanks

• Re: aux copy won't start
    Posted: 03-03-2011, 3:08 PM

Gus,

Please go to the secondary copy and check to see which library and scratch pool are specified.  Once that is done, please go to this specific scratch pool to see if tapes appear there.  Please also make sure SP1A is applied on the CommServe and MediaAgent(s).

JW

Posted: 03-03-2011, 3:15 PM

every thing is ok all tapes are in the good scratch pool and sp1a is on commserver and media agent

Posted: 03-03-2011, 3:48 PM

Gus,

I noticed this error occurred at another location and a site specific qscript was created.  Please open a Support ticket for this and our Media Management Team will review it to see if this is also the case or if there is another issue going on.

JW

Posted: 03-03-2011, 3:50 PM

thanks for your help the ticket is open now thanks JWeir

Posted: 03-03-2011, 4:11 PM

Gus,

No problem.  I will post the outcome of your TR on here in case other customers experience the same issue.

JW

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy