Rules of Use for Commvault Forums
In order to encourage conversation around the various topics discussed on the Commvault Forums, we have created a formal policy to clearly outline the simple rules that we will enforce when reviewing and responding to posts.
Commvault accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this Forum by others. Commvault disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this Forum, whether posted by Commvault or others; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Commvault be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages, or damages of any kind whatsoever, resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this Forum.
This Forum is provided as resource to its customers, due to the complex nature of Commvault products and your individual environment, contacting Commvault Support is advisable. If you are reading this Forum, you have already paid for maintenance and support; use it.
We do love comments and posts, and are always excited to hear from our customer community, but we do need to exercise a degree of control over posts to keep the conversation focused and on-topic. Because of this, all comments and posts will be moderated and will not be published until internally reviewed and approved. But please; do not let that discourage you from posting, we value thoughtful comments and most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
All comments will be reviewed and posted as quickly as possible. Comments will generally be posted more quickly during business hours; moderation may be less frequent after business hours. Comments will be displayed at the end of the specific discussion thread to which the comment relates. We do reserve the right to display posts in a variety of ways, including within the text of another comment, discussion group, blog, and article -- or in advertising.
If you feel that your post was deleted in error, please write to us so that we can look into the matter.
- Express your opinion succinctly and politely. Please be respectful of your fellow posters.
- Use a valid e-mail address when posting, but don’t worry, your contact information will not be published or sold.
- Post off topic. Please submit comments to the appropriate thread and discussion group.
- Provide links on off-topic content. We will consider these posts as spam and they will not be published.
- Engage in personal attacks. Please play nice.
- Use harsh language, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), or post “snarky” and intentionally rude comments.
- Impersonate anyone else.
- SHOUT or be incoherent in your comments.
- Use obscene language or language that personally threatens individuals.
- Spam. Again, your post won’t get published, so don’t even bother.
- Use keywords in author names – we prefer that you use your real name or your normal nickname. If we suspect you’re using an author name to simply include targeted keywords, we’ll delete your comment.
- Post inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that is:
- infringing upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person;
- is libelous or defamatory;
- violates a person’s right to privacy;
- violates any local, state, national or international law;
- degrades other on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability or other protected classification.
All postings shall be of an informational nature and for informational purposes only. Commercial use or any other unauthorized use of this Forum is prohibited. Do not use the Forum to solicit or conduct business, including the direct or indirect marketing of users' products or services, in any manner. The Forum may not be used to provide information, materials, products, or services in exchange for compensation of any kind.
Any violation of these rules will result in the deletion of your post and blocking from participating in the Forums or other Commvault sponsored discussion group, blogs or social media effort.