Moving media server to new host: Need to migrate index cache?

Last post 06-19-2018, 9:51 PM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Moving media server to new host: Need to migrate index cache?
    Posted: 06-19-2018, 8:49 PM

I am migrating an old media server to another server. Based on link: http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=11074.htm (MediaAgent Hardware Refresh - Setting Up the New MediaAgent), I need to move DDB and disk library. It does not say anyting about index cache. Do I need to move it to the new host as well? I have moved DDB and disk library but when I starts a job, it complains index cache is missing hence it's going to restore which has been taking a long time. I also tried to copy the index cache folder from the old server to new but it still complains the same. What's the proper way to migrate index cache?

thank you.

• Re: Moving media server to new host: Need to migrate index cache?
    Posted: 06-19-2018, 9:51 PM

Hi acpp

At the moment the best method to moving Index Cache is to follow the below documentation:

-Documentation - http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=10730.htm

However in your current scenario, as new Jobs are running, it is already requesting the original Index to be Replayed from the references written to the Disk Library. 

Recommendation:

• Suspend the jobs going to the new MediaAgent.
    • Manually move the Index (which you have done)
    • Ensure the "Catalog" tab on the MediaAgent is pointing to the new Index Location 
    • Then start the services and resume the jobs.

This should bypass the need of the Index Recon

Hopefully that helps

Thank you 

Winston  

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy