Synthetic Full Jobs - Unable to write Datapipe buffer errors

Last post 12-11-2014, 4:14 PM by JWeir. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Synthetic Full Jobs - Unable to write Datapipe buffer errors
    Posted: 12-10-2014, 4:47 PM

We are seeing many of our clients receiving the following errors every 2 hours during a synthetic full job. The errors appear in this sequence:

1. Received failed message for job [jobid#], phase [Start].

2. Unable to write Datapipe buffer.

3. Error while closing pipeline

Once it resumes, in another 2 hours it shows the same errors.

Most of the jobs complete even with the errors, but I have a couple of jobs that will not finish.  Here is a screenshot of what we see under the events tab of a specific job.

I have uploaded the logs to CommVault support, and they see errors about invalid tokens.  They asked me to restart services on the media agents and clients, which I tried for one of the clients.  I'm still getting the same errors.

Have any of you seen or dealt with similar issues?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Phil

• Re: Synthetic Full Jobs - Unable to write Datapipe buffer errors
    Posted: 12-11-2014, 4:14 PM

Phil,

If it is a communication related issue, you may want to setup a one-way firewall to see if this clears these errors you are seeing:

Client Connects to the CommServe (One-Way Firewall)
    http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/firewall/direct_connections.htm#Client_Connects_to_the_CommServe

JW

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy